Plastic mold, a type of composite plastic mold used for compression, extrusion, injection, blow molding and low foam molding. According to different pouring system, plastic mold factories divide mold into large nozzle mold, fine nozzle mold and hot runner mold. Plastic mold structure consists of six systems: pouring system, forming system, ejecting system and molding structure, exhaust system, cooling system and positioning and navigation system.
In real life, a lot of plastic life products can be mass-produced by using plastic mold, so plastic mold plays a very important role in industrial manufacturing. Therefore, how to extend the service life of plastic mold as long as possible so as to maximize its value is particularly important. And the effective maintenance of plastic mold is a necessary step.
So how to maintain the plastic mold? Here, we summarized 8 points for work attention.
- When temporary shutdown is needed after operation, the mold should be closed to prevent exposure of mold cavity and core to prevent accidental damage. If the downtime is expected to exceed 24 hours, the cavity and core surface should be sprayed with anti-rust oil or mold release agent, especially in wet areas and rainy season, no matter how short the time is the anti-rust treatment should be done. Water vapor in the air will reduce the surface quality of mold cavity and products. When the mold is used again, remove the oil from the mold and clean it before use. Those with the requirement of mirror surface should be dried with hot air after being cleaned and dried by compressed air. Otherwise it will leak out during molding and cause defects in the product.
- When start up after temporary shutdown, check whether the slider limit has moved after opening the mold. Only when there is no abnormality can the mold be closed. In short, must be careful before starting.
- In order to extend the service life of the cooling channel, the compressed air should be immediately used to remove the water in the cooling channel when the mold is out of service. Put a small amount of oil into the nozzle, and then blow with compressed air, so that all cooling pipes have a layer of rust-proof oil.
- During the work, check the working status of the control parts carefully and guard against abnormal heating of the auxiliary system. Control system maintenance is particularly important for hot runner mold. At the end of each production cycle, rod heaters, strip heaters, thermocouples should be measured by ohms and compared with the technical specification of the mold, to ensure its function intact. At the same time, the control loop may be tested by ammeter installed in the loop. The oil in the hydraulic cylinder used for core extraction should be emptied as far as possible, and the nozzle is sealed to avoid the leakage of hydraulic oil or pollution of the surrounding environment in the process of storage and transportation.
- When hearing abnormal sound or finding other abnormal conditions in production, stop the machine immediately for inspection. Mold maintenance personnel should carry out tour-inspection to the the normally operating mold in workshop, and should promptly handle it if there is an abnormal phenomenon.
- When the operators are in the shift, in addition to production and process critical records, the use condition of the mold should also have a detailed handover.
- When the production quantity of the mold is achieved and the machine has to change other molds, the mold cavity shall be applied with anti-rust agent. Send the mold accessories to the mold maintenance personnel, and attach the last production qualified product to the maintenance personnel as the sample. In addition, send a list of the use of the mold, and fill in the details of the mold on what machine tools, from a certain date, a total number of products produced, and whether the mold is good. If there is any problem with the mold, fill in the problems of the mold on the list, and put forward specific requirements for modification and improvement. And hand over an unprocessed sample to the keeper, for the mold workers to refer to when repairing the mold.
- After shutdown, it is necessary to check whether there is residual glue silk or other foreign objects on the surface of the mold. Spray anti-rust agent evenly after cleaning, and fill in the relevant records accurately. Molding plastic needs to be retained on the half-mold after the opening of the mold, of course, this is in the case of the ejecting mechanism as the premise. In general, in the ejecting mechanism the semi – mold is moving mold, only a very few special cases of the ejecting mechanism the semi – mold is on the fixed mold.
Plastic mold is the key tool of injection production in the workshop and the livelihood of the enterprise. It plays a decisive role in the enterprise, but at the same time, plastic mold has specificity, precision and vulnerability. So it is very important to do a good job in the safety maintenance of plastic mold.
Don't Miss Any Future Post!
Subscribe now, to receive the latest industry news, product knowledge, price, etc. Rest assured that we will keep your personal privacy confidential.